한국어로 읽기 🇰🇷
Born in Seoul, lived in Malaysia, Singapore and Canada for 17 years. She majored in Graphic Design, Visual Communication program from Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore. Upon graduation, she began her career in film and television at Singapore’s premier film production house Oak 3 Films for several years producing documentaries and dramas that won awards locally. (Singapore Television Twelve) Thereafter she continued her studies in film production at York University, Toronto and master’s program in film studies at Dongguk University, South Korea.
With her diverse writing projects, she was selected as participant for 2012 NAFF Film School organised by Pucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, 2013 Talent Campus Tokyo organised by Berlinale Talents and Filmex Tokyo and 2014 KAFA-Indonesia Co-Production Prebiz program organised by Korea Academy of Film Art and CJ E&M. Her latest feature project ‘Arabica In Us’ have won the Project Development Program grant from Next Masters Support Program organised by Talents Tokyo/TOKYO FILMeX 2015, selected project by Korean Film Council to be presented at Asian Film Market held during Busan International Film Festival 2016. She continues to develop fascinating stories for the world audience in both short and feature formats, culminating in nine feature scripts, ten full treatments and numerous short stories.
2012’ ‘He Made Tea’ (HD, 24 min, Drama)
- Wrote, directed, produced and filmed in Singapore, with Korean cast.
- Supported by Raycine Productions & Oak 3 Films, Distributed by Indiestory of Korea
- Screened at Seoul Art Cinema, 2014 Singapore Short Film Awards,
- 2nd World Culture Open C!nema showcase,
- Aired on KBS IndieTheater, 22nd June 2014
2002’ ‘Contemplations’ (Super 8mm, 10min, Drama, experimental)
- Wrote, directed, produced and filmed in Toronto, Canada.
- Funded by York University
2001’ ‘Miniature Singapore, Michelle’ (Beta, 8 min, Comedy, drama)
- Wrote, directed, produced and filmed in Singapore.
- Funded by Singapore Film Commission
2000’ ‘Dream Palace’ (Beta, 3 min, Drama, live action & illustration)
- Wrote, illustrated, directed, produced and filmed in Singapore.
- Supported by Raycine Productions & Oak 3 Films